Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/02/06 05:09:58 UTC

build.properties

Hi all,

Working on some issues with ant on one of my workstations, and I wanted
to ask why we have a build.properties checked into CVS?  Isn't it more
common in Apache projects to include a build.properties.sample and make
each developer be responsible for making local copies?

 From Craig McClanahan:
http://w6.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/2001/May/msg00859.html

* Because the "build.properties" files are local to your development
  system, they are *not* checked in to CVS (in fact, they will get
  added to the ".cvsignore" list).  However, an example properties file
  "build.properties.sample" will be checked in that documents the
  variables that must, or can, be set.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: build.properties

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
What is checked into CVS as "build.properties" should actually be
named "default.properties".  The Tomcat build hard-codes the defaults
into its build.xml, rather than using an external file to list declare
the defaults.

--

Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>