Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com> on 2001/06/14 09:30:36 UTC

Re: Source Code

>>>>> "J" == Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> writes:

    J> "Read the source Luke."

After all, it's only 44,035 LOC (114259 including comments) spread
over 3797 methods in 370 classes; just 464726 words ...

how long could that take?

(at 200wpm, about 38hrs ;)

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc

Re: Source Code

Posted by Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@canada.com>.
btw, I'm not complaining -- I just thought y'all might find it fun to
know the LOC metrics for Turbine. "370 classes" is a lot more impressive
than telling people you've mastered "a big program".

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <ga...@teledyn.com> TeleDynamics Communications Inc

Re: Source Code

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 6/14/01 12:30 AM, "Gary Lawrence Murphy" <ga...@canada.com> wrote:

> After all, it's only 44,035 LOC (114259 including comments) spread
> over 3797 methods in 370 classes; just 464726 words ...
>
> how long could that take?
>
> (at 200wpm, about 38hrs ;)

I do see your point, but the nice thing is that Turbine is indeed packaged
up nicely into discrete bits that are easy to browse...for example, if  you
want to learn about the Velocity service, look here:
org.apache.turbine.services.velocity . It doesn't require you to learn
everything...

and it is well commented as you can see...:-)

-jon

--
"Open source is not available to commercial companies."
            -Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft