Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by u....@gmail.com on 2016/06/06 13:24:02 UTC

Trouble adding a Servlet to the Cluster

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a new servlet and add it into the Cluster Controller for the new AsterixDB Web UI I'm devoleping.

This is what I have done so far, I created aHttpServlet to host the static files and added it to the CCAplicationEntryPoint also added the port numbers a HttpServlet to host the static files and added it to the CCAplicationEntryPoint,  I also updated the AsterixExternalProperties and the configuration xml file with the port I want to use. Everything compiles and runs but when trying to connect I get connection refused error, the servlet is not running.

Am I doing anything wrong, Thabks in advance,

Kaveen Rodrigo

Re: Trouble adding a Servlet to the Cluster

Posted by Kaveen Rodrigo <u....@gmail.com>.
I copy the installer binary zip and run it with managix, I didn't run i
through IntelliJ, I'll configure it

Re: Trouble adding a Servlet to the Cluster

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
So I actually do get a page. It's broken because a bunch of the resources
are not available from the serlvet but it does seem to work. How are you
testing your code? It works for me by running AsterixHyracksIntegrationUtil
in IntelliJ.

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Kaveen,

Posted by Kaveen Rodrigo <u....@gmail.com>.
Hey Till,

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Kaveen,

I think that the current APIServlet already serves static content, so
that
could be a good example. If that\u2019s not helping, maybe you could post a
link
to a patch to the list? Then anybody could take a look at that diff to
see
what\u2019s happening/not working in more detail.