Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jesse Schingen <sc...@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu> on 2002/06/25 17:15:21 UTC

The connection was refused when attempting to contact

    That is the error message when I try to run anything using tomcat. I
have a simple login .jsp file. Whenever i try to submit it gives me that
error. If I startup the tomcat server without shuting down it sometimes
fixes the problem. My .jsp is in the webapps/onjava folder. I put in
this entry: <Context path="/onjava" docBase="onjava" debug="0"
reloadable="true" /> into the server.xml in order for it to see it. With
that line in there it wouldn't work at all. Now that I commeted it out
it gives me that error.
    This .jsp is trying to submit using a servlet. This is the line in
the .jsp: <form name="loginForm" method="post" action="servlet/login">
I changed the web.xml accordingly. This login.java servlet is in the
onjava/WEB-INF/classes folder. Please tell me if I am doing something
wrong or I am forgetting something huge. By the way I'm running Tomcat 4
on Red Hat Linux 7.3.

Thanks,
Jesse