Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Will & Kim Holmes <ho...@hotmail.com> on 2007/03/19 01:23:38 UTC

Importing an existing SSL cert into a newer JDK version

Hello all,

   I need to upgrade my JDK to a newer version but I have imported a SSL
cert on the current JDK version.  Does anyone know how to import an existing
SSL cert into a newer JDK version?

Thanks
Will

i'm making a difference.�Make every IM count for the cause of your choice.
Join Now.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwme0080000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=hmtagline

Re: Importing an existing SSL cert into a newer JDK version

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Will & Kim Holmes wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   I need to upgrade my JDK to a newer version but I have imported a SSL
> cert on the current JDK version.  Does anyone know how to import an
> existing SSL cert into a newer JDK version?

The keystore should work with the newer version. You will need to
re-import any trusted certs or copy the cacerts file from the old JDK
to the new one.

Mark