Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Fasihullah Askiri <fa...@baypackets.com> on 2006/04/26 20:48:50 UTC

[scxml] src tag!

Hi folks
Was busy with some other work for a long time. Got back to the SCXML yesterday.

I was trying to use the src attribute for included states.
<state id="inner" src="inner.scxml">
 <transition event="application.error" target="error"/>
</state>

This throws up a NPE. I found that it basically tries to ask a resolver to resolve the attribute content. However, since I have created the digester like SCXMLDigester.newInstance(null,null); it does not get the resolver, hence the crib. Now the question is, what do I do to get it working. Do I need to write a custom resolver??

+Fasih

Re: [scxml] src tag!

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/26/06, Fasihullah Askiri <fa...@baypackets.com> wrote:
> Hi folks
> Was busy with some other work for a long time. Got back to the SCXML yesterday.
>
> I was trying to use the src attribute for included states.
> <state id="inner" src="inner.scxml">
>  <transition event="application.error" target="error"/>
> </state>
>
> This throws up a NPE. I found that it basically tries to ask a resolver to resolve the attribute content. However, since I have created the digester like SCXMLDigester.newInstance(null,null); it does not get the resolver, hence the crib.
<snip/>

Thanks for reporting this, it has been fixed.

> Now the question is, what do I do to get it working. Do I need to write a custom resolver??

<snap/>

Using the next nightly build or building from svn should help (prefer
the latter this week, since the repository was moved). You don't have
to provide a PathResolver, but its a recommended best practice since
it promotes portability. Also, you may not need a custom one if the
URLResolver or ServletContextResolver from the distro can be used. In
any case, you should be OK as-is with today's change.

-Rahul