Posted to repository@apache.org by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com> on 2003/10/31 01:55:34 UTC

re Group was Argrement #1? : Layout (aka URL)

Adam R. B. Jack wrote:

>Let's try to work this one through to completion:

So what should group be

Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.  I
think that leaves us with the java package name.  Allowing non java
groups to use
org.apache.tlp  and then whatever.

Also to keep the listing smaller can group  be something like
/apache/commons/beantuils  or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

Re: re Group was Argrement #1? : Layout (aka URL)

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.
>>I think that leaves us with the java package name.
>>

>Why?

So lets go back to the start.
What sould the "group" part be.  The java pakcage name works for me.

>>Also to keep the listing smaller can group  be something like
>>/apache/commons/beantuils  or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

>Do we have conflicts within Apache?

There is jakarta commons   and apache commons, not sure if it is a real
conflict.

But my question is can the the <group> part have subdirs  or must a
<group> be a legal file name,  Can we use / as a seperator or must we use -.

R,
Nick

RE: re Group was Argrement #1? : Layout (aka URL)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> >Let's try to work this one through to completion:
> So what should group be

> Given Noel's concern about Top Level Project and projects moving.
> I think that leaves us with the java package name.

Why?

> Also to keep the listing smaller can group  be something like
> /apache/commons/beantuils  or must it be apache-comons-beanutils.

Do we have conflicts within Apache?

	--- Noel