Posted to user@livy.apache.org by Barrett Strausser <ba...@bossanova.com> on 2017/08/28 22:05:42 UTC

Access Queue and App Name

As documented in https://github.com/cloudera/livy#post-batches

How do I access the queue and app names once submitted in a batch job?

e.g. If I wanted to find an app with a certain name or submitted to a
certain queue how would I do that?

Re: Access Queue and App Name

Posted by Barrett Strausser <ba...@bossanova.com>.
Understood.

In my use case I'll be submitting a streaming job. So I'll need to
periodically stop it as revisions are made.

I imagine I'll end up doing that portion through YARN directly.

Re: Access Queue and App Name

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Barrett Strausser <ba...@bossanova.com>
To:	user@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/28/2017 03:39 PM
Subject:	Re: Access Queue and App Name

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 6:21 PM, Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
  As far as I know you can't get that info from the Livy API currently, but
  you can get the YARN Application URL from the appInfo returned in a
  GET /batches/{batchId} call and could find that info there.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                  505 Howard Street
                                                            San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                      United States

  Inactive hide details for Barrett Strausser ---08/28/2017 03:05:48

Re: Access Queue and App Name

Posted by Barrett Strausser <ba...@bossanova.com>.

Re: Access Queue and App Name