Posted to dev@shale.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/06 23:55:27 UTC

Need help with a custom validation example

I need help figuring out why I get a NPE if I enter an odd number in
the Priority field.  (This is a new section on the Commons Validation
Integration page of the use cases example app.)

See:  http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-325 and
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=471907

I'm following the instructions on the wiki, which may be out of date.
I know this used to work...

http://wiki.apache.org/shale/ShaleValidation

Thanks!
--
Wendy

Re: Need help with a custom validation example

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

> I need help figuring out why I get a NPE if I enter an odd number in
> the Priority field.  (This is a new section on the Commons Validation
> Integration page of the use cases example app.)
>
> See:  http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE-325 and
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=471907
>
> I'm following the instructions on the wiki, which may be out of date.
> I know this used to work...
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/shale/ShaleValidation

Haven't looked at the code yet, but the fact that the NPE is happening
inside MessageFormat implies maybe a message parameter is not being
specified in your validator configuration rules?

Thanks!
> --
> Wendy

Craig