Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Davor Barcan <da...@markit.com> on 2011/10/25 18:51:59 UTC

assertion failed

During an update I received the following error:

In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'
line 2898: assertion failed (status != svn_wc__db_status_normal)

I did not see that error was reported previously on the mailing list archives, so I am reporting this as requested by the error message.

________________________________
This e-mail, including accompanying communications and attachments, is strictly confidential and only for the intended recipient. Any retention, use or disclosure not expressly authorised by Markit is prohibited. This email is subject to all waivers and other terms at the following link: http://www.markit.com/en/about/legal/email-disclaimer.page

Please visit http://www.markit.com/en/about/contact/contact-us.page? for contact information on our offices worldwide.

Re: assertion failed

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
Davor Barcan <da...@markit.com> writes:

> During an update I received the following error:
>
> In file
> 'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.7.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\update_editor.c'
> line 2898: assertion failed (status != svn_wc__db_status_normal)
>
> I did not see that error was reported previously on the mailing list
> archives, so I am reporting this as requested by the error message.

Is this a working copy that was upgraded from a 1.6 checkout?  What sort
of changes was the update making?  Did you have any local modifications
in the working copy?  Is the error repeatable?

--
Philip

RE: assertion failed

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

Thanks for reading the message and checking the archives.  Unfortunately you missed the bit about "providing as much information as possible" about what you were doing when this happened.

Note also that 1.7.1 has been released.

~ mark c