Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de> on 2002/03/06 16:00:48 UTC

How to define custom parameter for map:serialize?

We have written a custom serializer and want to specify a custom
parameter in the sitemap pipeline, not in serializer definition.

This works

  <map:serializers>
    <map:serializer name="serializerxyz" mime-type="..." logger="..."
src="...">
	<parameter name="param1" value="xyz"/>
    </map:serializer>
  </map:serializers>

but the parameter is fixed for the whole sitemap.

But we want to define the parameter in the pipeline like:

    <map:match pattern="...">
      <map:serialize type="serializerxyz">
        <parameter name="param1" value="xyz"/>
      </map:serialize>
    </map:match>

How ist this possible? We found no fitting interface to accomplish this
(SitmapOutputComponent does not define a "setup"-Method like
OutputModelComponent, and OutputModelComponent is not called for).

Any ideas? Is it not possible to define parameters for serializers?

Stefan