Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by "Wiebesiek, Torsten" <to...@grecon.de> on 2016/04/01 01:37:20 UTC

AW: Are you able to build log4cxx, Torsten?

Hi Thorsten

> > I've good news: I am able to build the HEAD on my manjaro machine. But
> > took me some time. :-)
>
> Good news, but what exactly did took you "some time"? Your commands look easy to me.

yes, they are. In retrospect, it looks easy. Some more understanding of how autotools work, would have been helpful...

> > > autoreconf --force --install
>
> Is this really necessary? I didn't used it anymore after I figured out autogen.sh is doing all I needed.

No, it's not. I have just checked. I need some more understanding of autotools! I got this from the web page I was pointed to some weeks ago: http://chandpriyankara.blogspot.de/2014/01/building-log4cxx-from-dev-trunk-new.html

It might be good to include a section "Build log4cxx HEAD from svn" on the web page. I can do that.
Is there a simple way to build the html documentation locally?

Tomorrow, I will be out of office, so my Windows trials will start on Monday.

So far, thanks for your support.

  Torsten

Re: Are you able to build log4cxx, Torsten?

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Wiebesiek, Torsten,
am Freitag, 1. April 2016 um 01:37 schrieben Sie:

> Tomorrow, I will be out of office, so my Windows trials will start on Monday.

Hi Torsten,

any progress an getting log4cxx built an Windows or the release in
general?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

Re: Are you able to build log4cxx, Torsten?

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Wiebesiek, Torsten,
am Freitag, 1. April 2016 um 01:37 schrieben Sie:

> yes, they are. In retrospect, it looks easy. Some more
> understanding of how autotools work, would have been helpful...

So should we simply add something of what you know now to the docs?

> It might be good to include a section "Build log4cxx HEAD from svn" on the web page. I can do that.

I've already added such a statement on the autotools page explicitly
mentioning the use of autogen.sh in such a case. I don't think a
complete new section is necessary, because regarding my tests that was
the only line I needed to execute additionally.

> Is there a simple way to build the html documentation locally?

"mvn site" should generate the site and apidocs only, but you will
need Maven. But that should be a problem, just download a current
version, extract it somewhere and optionally at that folders "bin" to
the PATH. in the end you get "target\site" with the new content and
can execute index.html directly.

https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning