Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marcus Crafter <cr...@dresdnerbank.de> on 2000/08/15 15:38:15 UTC

error-page in web.xml ?

Hi All,

	Firstly, thanks to all (esp. Craig) for help with my last question
	about 'distributable' applications. Much appreciated.

	any success with this so far, either with exceptions or error codes ?

	I created a small servlet that purposely threw an UnavailableException
	in its init method. I also defined an error page in my web.xml for
	error-code 503 (SC_SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE).

	Unfortunately upon 1st test, the doGet was not blocked (ie. the
	Unavailable exception did not stop to user from executing the doGet
	method upon request); and on 2nd test (ie. reload) the doGet was
	blocked, but the error page was not invoked. Instead the standard 503
	page (presumably from tomcat) was shown, and not my defined error
	page.

	I've attached the source code and the web.xml to this email. These
	tests have been with Tomcat 3.2 beta 2.

	Anyone have any ideas ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750