Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Phil Johnson <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/12 20:20:52 UTC

Supported platforms

Is there a version of Subversion that will run as a USB portable application
under Xampp ?

Regards,

Philip Johnson BA(Open), Dip.CCI, FIAP

Privileged and/or confidential Information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, or responsible for
delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy or deliver this
message or any attachments to anyone. In such case, you should delete this
message, and notify me immediately.

Re: Supported platforms

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Supported platforms

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
<jo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a version of Subversion that will run as a USB portable application
> under Xampp ?

>From what I can see, Xampp is simply an Apache server which means you
can add the necessary mod_dav_svn module and the mod_dav module. You
may have to do this manually, but the directions on http://svnbook.com
are fairly straight forward.

There is no reason why Subversion can't have a repository on a USB
drive, and if you can setup an Apache server to run from there,
there's no reason why it can't work with Subversion.

--
David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Supported platforms

Posted by Yves Martin <ym...@free.fr>.
 Hello,

No idea but it sounds complex... for un-expressed needs. What are your real needs ?

If you want your own SVN repository in your pocket, I think it is simpler to:
- use svn win32 release as "zip" (it is portable)
- use protocol "file://" to access your repository on key

Best regards
Yves

--
Yves Martin