Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Dan Feldman <hr...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 06:36:08 UTC

Local mode in oozie?

I was wondering if there is something analogous to pig's local mode for
oozie? For instance, I couldn't get oozie working while my workflow.xml and
job.properties files were sitting on the local system - I was getting
"wrong FS" error just like the OP here
https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/group/scm-users/browse_thread/thread/c96a6a6149e1e86e/c399307616b920f0?#c399307616b920f0.
But now that the files are on the hdfs, it seems like I have to delete and
re-upload them to hdfs every time I need to make modifications to any of
the files.

I'm hoping to use oozie to automate analysis of cassandra data using a
bunch of pig and ruby scripts and as of now, local mode is more than enough
to handle that...

Thanks!
Dan

Re: Local mode in oozie?

Posted by "Angelo K. Huang" <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Dan,

Here is an example I wrote few months back. Let me know if it works for you.
http://enstartup.com/post/12298119544/execute-oozie-tests-like-what-you-test-hadoop-using

Thanks,
Angelo

Re: Local mode in oozie?