Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alex McLintock <al...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/04 18:58:20 UTC

Scaling an SVG

I've been looking through the SVG examples in the 0.18-1 DEV distribution and I can't see how
to scale an svg which has been dropped into a FOP document.

I have some xml something like:

...Stuff before...
<fo:table-cell width='15cm' height='9cm'>
<fo:block space-before.optimum="10pt"
          space-after.optimum="10pt"
          width='15cm' height='9cm'>

<fo:instream-foreign-object  width='15cm' height='9cm'>
#SVG
</fo:instream-foreign-object>
...Stuff after...

And I am inserting the SVG xml directly into the place marked with #SVG.
You may have guessed I want the XVG graphic to be 15 by 9 cm

The SVG starts with this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<svg:svg style='font-size:12pt; font-family:sans-serif; stroke-width:1pt;'
width='700pt' height='300pt'>
etc etc etc

Now what I get is a pdf with the SVG image taking up the full width of the table
(or page) at 23cm and scaled vertically to preserve the aspect ratio.

Is this a bug or is there something else I can do to scale my SVG to keep it within
a 15cm x 9 cm box.

Alex

=====
Alex McLintock        alex@OWAL.co.uk