Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by sa...@ca.ibm.com on 2002/05/13 23:50:31 UTC

[Schema CM API] committed

Hi all,

I just committed the Schema Component Model API. There are some tiny
differences from what I sent out last time.

1. Renamed "XSTypeDefinition#getTypeKind" to "getTypeCategory"

   The latter is supposed to be a better name. :-) Another candidate was
"getTypeVariety", but we have "getVariety" in XSSimpleTypeDefinition.

2. Changed the return type of "XSElementDecl#getIdentityConstraints" back
to XSNamedMap

   It was changed to XSObjectList, but since identity constraints have
names, it makes more sense to return a named map.

3. Method names in XSSimpleTypeDefinition (make them shorter):

   getLexicalEnumerationValues --> getLexicalEnumerations
   getLexicalPatternValues --> getLexicalPatterns

4. Description of "XSModel#getComponents"

   There might be users who are only interested in simple or complex types.
Now this method takes not only those constants defined in XSConstants, but
also the two defined in XSTypeDefinition.

There is still an open question concerning the CM API and grammar
preloading. I'll describe it in a separate message (tomorrow?).

Cheers,
Sandy Gao
Software Developer, IBM Canada
(1-905) 413-3255