Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Alan Thomas <ja...@verizon.net> on 2010/05/19 03:02:40 UTC

getting started with watermarks

Could someone help me get started with adding a watermark to a PDF document?  Does PDFBox support this?

I searched the examples and mail archives, but I mostly found unanswered messages (one below),
nothing useful.

Can I use some sort of transparent overlay?

                                  Thanks, Alan

      Subject: Re: overlay issues
      From: Alexander B (alex...@yahoo.com)
      Date: Mar 27, 2010 5:23:35 am
      List: org.apache.pdfbox.users

Also, the Watermark example has a similar result when providing Base1.pdf (see
attachment on first e-mail) The watermark does not show up? Any reason why?

________________________________ From: Alexander B <al...@yahoo.com> To: use...@pdfbox.apache.org Sent: Sat, March 27, 2010 7:17:03 AM Subject: overlay issues

I am trying to overlay two documents. For the most part, my code works fine.
My code is basically the same as the Overlay example. Here are my two documents. Can someone explain why the Base1.pdf always appears w/o the Overlay no matter which document I try to overlay.

Thank you,

-alexander

Re: getting started with watermarks

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Alan Thomas schrieb:
> Could someone help me get started with adding a watermark to a PDF document?  Does PDFBox support this?
I'm afraid not, see [1].

> I searched the examples and mail archives, but I mostly found unanswered messages (one below),
> nothing useful.
>
> Can I use some sort of transparent overlay?
AFAIU overlays and watermarks are different. If you want to add a watermark you
have to add a watermark annotation, see PDF 1.7 reference chapter 8.4 for
further details.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1]