Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Neil Schemenauer <na...@arctrix.com> on 2003/01/07 01:28:22 UTC

Buffer write to socket?

[I hope this is the right place since I don't see a apr-users list]

What's the best way to do buffered IO on a socket using APR?
Using Apache 1.3 I would use ap_bcreate, ap_bpushfd, and then
ap_bwrite.  I see that the apr_file* interface can do buffering
but it looks like the socket interface does not.

I don't really get buckets yet.  It looks like they have
basically replaced "BUFF *" in Apache 2.  It's seems like they
are overkill for my application though since I just want to write
to a socket and don't need any filtering.

Thanks for any clues.

  Neil