Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/11/18 04:50:05 UTC

Logo :-)

Okay,

so this is REALLY lame, but I'm going to suggest it anyway.  We need a
logo of some kind.  I just finished updating the web API docs, so that
they have no spaces in the names, and the pages are a bit bare.

I can get my wife to draw anything we can come up with (she's an artist so
it will look good), but we need to come up with some kind of logo.

Just think about it and if you come up with anything, post it.  If none of
us come up with anything, the we should see about just using the feather.

Like I said, lame but there it is   :-}

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Logo :-)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@newton.collab.net>.
Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> writes:

> rbb@covalent.net writes:
>
> > so this is REALLY lame, but I'm going to suggest it anyway.  We need a
> > logo of some kind.  I just finished updating the web API docs, so that
> > they have no spaces in the names, and the pages are a bit bare.
>
> a feather sticking out of a toolbox, or a toolbox with a feather on
> the side?
>
> (lame)

A feather with tools coming out of it in all directions (a la Swiss
Army Knife)?

(also lame)  :)

Re: Logo :-)

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net>.
rbb@covalent.net writes:

> so this is REALLY lame, but I'm going to suggest it anyway.  We need a
> logo of some kind.  I just finished updating the web API docs, so that
> they have no spaces in the names, and the pages are a bit bare.

a feather sticking out of a toolbox, or a toolbox with a feather on
the side?

(lame)
          Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: Logo :-)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
That's the right call.

+1 on using the feather

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: Logo :-)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, David Reid wrote:

> What's wrong with the feather?  We are an ASF project after all.  Or maybe
> if we feel strongly enough have the feather and another one...  I'm just
> keen to keep making the point that we are an ASF project, even if we have
> been left at the bus station by ourselves...

My issue with the feather, was that it felt like the web-server's
logo.  Having reviewed the other ASF sites, I was wrong.  I will try to
get Kelly to put the project name on the feather later today so that we
can get that image on the site.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131