Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by liquidd <sp...@mail.ru> on 2009/04/04 18:38:43 UTC

ActiveMQ as DataSource

I have a software that uses jdbc (DataSource, Connection) to write some data
to database (oracle for example). It also uses jndi to know what db to use.
I have the task to write these data to activemq.
So question is: is there is a way to use activemq as jdbc
datasource/connection, so I don't have to rewrite existing java code?

Re: ActiveMQ as DataSource

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM, liquidd <sp...@mail.ru> wrote:

> I have a software that uses jdbc (DataSource, Connection) to write some data
> to database (oracle for example). It also uses jndi to know what db to use.
> I have the task to write these data to activemq.
> So question is: is there is a way to use activemq as jdbc
> datasource/connection, so I don't have to rewrite existing java code?

Since JDBC and JMS are distinctly different technologies, there's no
way to achieve this. The specs for each technology are very different
and seek to fulfill different purposes.

Bruce
);'

ActiveMQ in Action: http://manning.com/snyder