Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Timothy Lothering <tl...@datacentrix.co.za> on 2015/01/30 13:00:57 UTC

Backup Solution in Cloudstack

Hi Guys,

We have been using Cloudstack for over a year now, and whilst the built-in Snapshot feature is great, our Customers are demanding more "control".

What other backup solutions are certified/capable of working with Cloudstack?

Kind Regards,

Timothy
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business of Datacentrix Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way. Datacentrix cannot assure that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

RE: Backup Solution in Cloudstack

Posted by Geralyn Miller <ge...@citrix.com>.
Did you try Vision Solutions, www.visionsolutions.com?

I’m finding that there’s nothing (for our requirements at least) unless you go direct to the hypervisors or the VM OS instances using agents. Keen to know if anyone’s found better solutions. Think there might be some solutions if you’re only using VMware but I’ve ignored them as we’re using Xenserver. Not heard of any commercial products that actually ‘integrate’
with CS unfortunately. Still looking…

[image: www.datacentrix.co.za] <http://www.datacentrix.co.za>

*Timothy Lothering*
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlothering@datacentrix.co.za
*www.datacentrix.co.za <http://www.datacentrix.co.za/>*

           *Serious about performance,* *passionate about value*

<madam@datacentrix.co.za?subject=Request%20for%20information:%20MS%20Server%202003%20EOS%20customer%20information%20session,%2019%20Feb%202015%20in%20Midrand>
------------------------------

*Disclaimer*

Posted by Todd Pigram <to...@toddpigram.com>.
Isn't commvault integrating with ACS/CCP? Thought I heard about it. We are
really interested in a backup solution as well. Something like how Veeam
integrates with vCloud.

--

Todd Pigram
http://about.me/ToddPigram

Re: Backup Solution in Cloudstack

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Lothering <tl...@datacentrix.co.za>.

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.

Posted by Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>.
Vision Solutions CP&R product seems pretty much abandoned.  Not supported
on CS versions later than v3.0.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.