Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com> on 2019/06/27 21:23:48 UTC

0.14.0: Javadoc failed with OpenJDK 11

Hi,

I'm trying to run dev/release/00-prepare.sh that is the
first script to create RC.

It fails with OpenJDK 11 by the following Javadoc error:

  [ERROR] Exit code: 1 - javadoc: error - The code being documented uses modules but the packages defined in http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/ are in the unnamed module.

"-source 8" javadoc option can suppress the error but I'm
not sure what should we do.

See also: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5764

I found that OpenJDK 8 doesn't cause the error. So I can go
ahead with OpenJDK 8. But I want feedback from Java
developers to know we should use OpenJDK 8 for release.

kou

Re: 0.14.0: Javadoc failed with OpenJDK 11

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your comment.
OK. I move https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-5764