Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/04 16:11:58 UTC

Re: Deploy a proyect with all Jar's needed

What kind of project are you building? What is your ultimate goal with
the code -- what are you doing with it? You probably need to use
assembly plugin to build a jar-with-dependencies or use one of the
izpack plugin or one of several other options, so tell us more about
your project and someone will suggest the best choice.

Wayne

Posted by javijava <we...@gmail.com>.
Yeah,sorry 4 not include details, in this case.... i must configure the
assembly-plugin (standalone). then

I think i must associate this plugin to the deploy cycle...
and i must especify the fiches to assembly on a XML file. is rigth?

can you put a little simple example? (like the one too tree .jar files )

Thanks a lot.

Re: Deploy a proyect with all Jar's needed

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
EAR's and WAR's pack the dependencies inside the file, so most J2EE
apps don't need to worry too much about this issue. But standalone
applications (Swing etc) generally do not package the dependencies
unless you configure the assembly plugin or another similar plugin.
This is why I'm asking what kind of projects you're building.

You might find the following thread useful -- search the archives at Nabble:
from	 	Wim Deblauwe
to	 	Maven Users List <us...@maven.apache.org>
date		Oct 2, 2007 6:28 AM
subject		How do people handle installers/exe/bat/sh in maven?