Posted to dev@polygene.apache.org by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org> on 2015/10/03 12:29:31 UTC

ApacheCon Feedback !!

Gang,

Unfortunately the sessions were not recorded.
Slides can be downloaded here:
https://github.com/eskatos/zest-apache-con/raw/master/Apache_Zest-ApacheCon_2015_EN_FINAL.pdf

The room was crowded with 30/40 people, more than we expected.
We started a bit late (~12:30) because of the previous presentation so
we ended late (~13:30+). People were definitely hungry but not angry :)

We opted to make some live-code to demonstrate all theory in practice.
We think that approach made a lot of sense and allowed to check that the
attendees were not lost all along the presentation. In the slides you'll
find the github link to the code we showed. We kept it simple in order
to show the essentials, compostion, assembly, step by step.

We got good questions during and after the presentation.

In the afternoon, Roman talked to us about some CloudFoundry
integration. He'll show up on the list about that.

That's all folks, hungarian wine is good :)

Cheers

Jiri & Paul

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by Jiri Jetmar <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nino,

Sure - pls simply post it here.. :-)

Thanks !

Cheers, Jiri

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <he...@gmail.com>.
3.0 rename as such is done, but it also has a lot of expectations on "deep"
fixes. There is a Jira that tries to capture those;
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEST-109

Some of those are relatively trivial, such as ZEST-123 (change
Base64Encoder) and ZEST-124 (replace Jodatime with Java 8 Time API), but
others are quite massive, such as ZEST-97 which is about total revamp of
how UnitOfWork is handled.

As usual, with other jobs that put food on table, this will take some
time...

// Niclas

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by Paul Merlin <pa...@nosphere.org>.
Hey Nino,

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
Im writing inline on this:)

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Jiri Jetmar <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Nino,
>
> welcome back in life :-)
>
> I see what you mean, but at least from my side there are the following
> comments :
>
> 1.) In a 50 min Session, one can not really cover details for a "large" App
yes it would have to be short, just a glimpse of the power :)
> 2.) Where there is no knowledge about Zest in the audience, one has to
> first explain e.g. what a Fragment is. Otherwise the code that will be
> shown later will not make any sense.
I agree, but sometimes you also need to make their head go boom:)

> But I see your point, and lets see if we can do it for the next Apache Con
> better.
> Are you willing to contribute ?

I've been thinking on this, and YES i am, im not completely sure what
I can contribute with:. We are closing Apache Onami down, and this
frees my time a bit. And we are in the company picking up OSGI/KARAF
as our platform, and since Zest does have support for this it would
make perfect sense to at least give it a shot..

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!

Posted by Jiri Jetmar <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nino,

Re: ApacheCon Feedback !!