Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com> on 2010/01/05 19:04:04 UTC

Upgrade axis2 from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1

Hi,

I recently upgraded our app from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1 and having some issue in wsdl. I use the POJO deployment option. I am having trouble running wsdl2java on the wsdl. I can see duplicate entry for complex type axisConfirguation in the auto generated wsdl.  When I run wsdl2java from 1.4.1 version of axis2 I get the error(see below). I have tried soapui and gettings errors when I try o create a project from the wsdl. Axis2 is deployed inside tomcat 6.0.18. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanjay

wsdl2java -uri https://cwa024.connect4billing.com/axis2/services/ConnectSmService?wsdl -o . -uw -or
Using AXIS2_HOME:   C:\axis2-1.4.1
Using JAVA_HOME:    C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.6.0_13
Retrieving document at 'https://cwa024.connect4billing.com/axis2/services/ConnectSmService?wsdl'.
[ERROR]  Schema for namespace 'http://engine.axis2.apache.org/xsd' already contains type 'AxisConfiguration'
org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaException:  Schema for namespace 'http://engine.axis2.apache.org/xsd' already contains type 'AxisConfiguration'
	at org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.addType(XmlSchema.java:511)
	at org.apache.ws.commons.schema.SchemaBuilder.handleXmlSchemaElement(SchemaBuilder.java:168)
	at org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaCollection.read(XmlSchemaCollection.java:412)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDLToAxisServiceBuilder.getXMLSchema(WSDLToAxisServiceBuilder.java:144)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.copyExtensibleElements(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:2320)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.processTypes(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:414)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.processTypes(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:403)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.populateService(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilder.java:347)
	at org.apache.axis2.description.WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.populateAllServices(WSDL11ToAllAxisServicesBuilder.java:107)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.<init>(CodeGenerationEngine.java:147)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
	at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)

RE: Upgrade axis2 from 1.4.1 to 1.5.1

Posted by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com>.
Hi Deepal,

I think I found my problem. When I originally upgraded from axis1 to Axis2 I was trying to get custom exception work(since I had custom exception working in axis1) so I inherited my custom exception from org.apache.axis2.AxisFault while I was trying things. Since I couldn't get custom exception working the way I wanted I moved on but forgot to remove the inheritence of org.apache.axis2.AxisFault. After removing the org.apache.axis2.AxisFault from my exception wsdl started generating fine. I can successfully consume wsdl and make calls now. Thanks for you help. The question is why would inheriting my exception from org.apache.axis2.AxisFault would cause this issue.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sanjay,