Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Marc Chapman <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 21:07:07 UTC

monitoring download process

Is there an easy way to figure out how many bytes of a particular download
have been sent?  For instance, if I have a request on the ftpserver for a
particular file which is rather large, is there a way I can monitor the
status of that download by checking how many bytes i've sent versus the
number that need to be sent?

Thanks,

marc

Re: monitoring download process

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Marc Chapman wrote:
> A callback would be a useful thing, but right now I'm not even needing
> something like that.  I would like a way to monitor any download that is
> currently going on (even if it is not initiated by an FTPlet).  Probably
> need some way to set the stream that we're using for output, but I'm not
> totally sure on that one.

Please open a JIRA issue and provide a description of what you need.
And, as always, a patch if of coursed welcomed :-)

/niklas

Re: monitoring download process

Posted by Marc Chapman <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.