Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramon Bacardi <ca...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/06 14:26:45 UTC

configuration sample to connect 2 machines

Hi - I am new to ActiveMQ and have it installed and I have run OK the
"and/consumer" and also "ant/producer" samples. But this environement (all
in one machine) is very restricted. The real world is when you want to go to
another machine.

*Can someone provide a pointer to a ActiveMQ configuration to send messages
from one machine and to receive them on another machine ?
*

I dont want to use JNDI, as I prefer to "code" the destination in my app (or
its cfg files).
Thanks. Ramon.

Re: configuration sample to connect 2 machines

Posted by Ramon Bacardi <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the help, Gary.
By the way - I find your blog quite interesting .. (:-))

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
note the -Durl=tcp://localhost:61616 optional argument to the example
ant scripts.

start the broker on another node/machine. Then to run the examples
locally against that broker,
use the -Durl option but replace 'localhost' with the node name

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com