Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2014/11/13 10:19:32 UTC

Re: xml-fop

Hi Simon

On 2014-11-12, Simon Steiner wrote:

> Fop project moved to Jenkins so can you remove fop from gump.

we can do so easily (as well as any other Apache committer could), but a
bit of history first.

About one-and-half year ago I asked whether you still wanted to have
Gump builds for XMLGraphics[1] and back then Vincent Hennebert responded
you wanted to keep the builds[2].

I assume it is a FOP project decsion to remove the Gump build now and
will change Gump's configuration to that effect (initially I'll really
only remove the email notification) - please yell if you still want to
keep the different kind of CI Gump provides.

Cheers

Stefan

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-general/201306.mbox/browser
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/gump-general/201307.mbox/browser

Re: xml-fop

Posted by Luis Bernardo <lm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

We decided this back in August (see below). The trigger was in fact
checkstyle which was updated in gump and we couldn't figure out how to
force gump to use the version we were using. So in a sense we felt we
needed more control over the build process.

Luis

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-dev/201408.mbox/browser