Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2014/03/01 16:23:50 UTC

Board report due in 1 1/2 weeks

Hi,

Items for the report that I can put in include:

1) 2 releases since last report: uima sdk 2.5.0 and ducc 1.0.0

2) 1 new committer

Ongoing activities:
Ruta (Rule-based Text Annotation) heading towards next release with a new person
stepping up to serve as release manager.
DUCC (Distributed UIMA Cluster Controller) continues to have lots of activity,
after its first release.
Some new work in Core UIMA is focusing on improving operations in highly
multi-core/multi-threaded deployments.
And there is the usual ongoing bug reports and fixes.

Anything else we should include in the report to the board?

-Marshall

Re: Board report due in 1 1/2 weeks

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Here's the board report that was filed just now:

Apache UIMA's mission: the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to the analysis of unstructured data, guided by the
UIMA Oasis Standard.

Dates:
30 Jan 2014    last release
12 Mar 2013    last PMC addition
24 Dec 2013    last Committer addition

2 Releases:
  30 Jan 2014  UIMA-DUCC 1.0.0 released
      http://uima.apache.org/news.html#30 January 2014
      DUCC = Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing
  14 Jan 2014  UIMA Java SDK 2.5.0 released
      http://uima.apache.org/news.html#14 January 2014

Other Activity:

Worked with Infra to set up a demo web-server for DUCC
here:  http://uima-ducc-vm.apache.org:42133/jobs.jsp

The main web page was augmented to reflect the growning
number of significant components: Ruta, DUCC, and uimaFIT
were added to the big picture.

Major work continues on DUCC and Ruta. The core Java
framework is being improved to better support large
multi-core processors.

The mailing lists are fairly active, and normal
bug finding/fixing work continues.

Community:
1 committer added in December.

Issues:
No Board level issues at this time.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
On 3/3/2014 10:48 AM, Lou DeGenaro wrote:
> re: website changes
>
> Yes.
>
> re: "DUCC is short for Distributed UIMA Cluster Computing."
>
> I presume you mean revising the report, not the website.
Yes, revising the report, not the website :-) -Marshall

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.
re: website changes

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Lou DeGenaro <lo...@gmail.com>.