Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Pedro F. Giffuni" <gi...@tutopia.com> on 2011/07/18 22:35:12 UTC

OCR (was Re: A first try to remove some copyleft components from the build)

FWIW;

--- On Mon, 7/18/11, Andy Brown wrote:

> I agree with you that it is the expectations that cause the
> real problem.  For me it is a waste as it does not do as
> most people expect. An OCR import would be a better option,
> if we can find one.

I haven't looked at this in a while, but ...

http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/

cheers,

Pedro.

Re: OCR (was Re: A first try to remove some copyleft components from the build)

Posted by Andy Brown <an...@the-martin-byrd.net>.
Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> FWIW;
>
> --- On Mon, 7/18/11, Andy Brown wrote:
>>
>> I agree with you that it is the expectations that cause the
>> real problem.  For me it is a waste as it does not do as
>> most people expect. An OCR import would be a better option,
>> if we can find one.
>>

> I haven't looked at this in a while, but ...
>
> http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/
>
> cheers,
>
> Pedro.

Thanks.  It does look interesting from a quick glance.  Bookmarked for
reference.

Andy