Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2020/03/22 07:16:46 UTC

Re: Felix on git(box)

> I finished the migration to git. Following the outline from last week,
> we now have two git repositories namely:

It's a bit late to come to the party, but did you binary-strip the
converted git repository after converting and before starting to use it?

By "binary-strip" I mean remove all checked-in jar files from the entire
history.  This can seriously reduce the size of old java programs, at
least those that predates the use of maven.

But I guess felix has been on maven the entire time, so this may not be
an issue...?