Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2002/03/07 14:41:34 UTC

RE: Upgrade to JDK1.4 --> unable to compile JSPs

	Double (and triple check) that you are really running Tomcat with
JDK 1.4.  This error message is only generated by older JVMs when presented
with newer JAR files (i.e. a 1.3 JVM trying to read a 1.4 JAR file).

	Randy

Posted by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu>.
what do you mean by "1.3 javac"? AFAIK sun.tools.javac.Main is called. which
is in the tools.jar loaded from the bootstrap classpath.

cheers,

Posted by Scott Shorter <sh...@caradas.com>.
That did the trick!  I had an older version of tools.jar in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib.  I moved the new one from $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib
to there, and the problem went away.

Regards,
Scott

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@isallineed.org>.

I can not get servlet work

Posted by Jianping Zhu <zj...@arches.uga.edu>.
Hi,

I have a post.html file which was put in the directory of webapps/ROOT.
I have this code in post.html

<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://localhost:8080/post">

where should I put the class post?

--------------------------------
Jianping Zhu
Department of Computer Science
Univerity of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602
Tel 706 5423900

Re: Upgrade to JDK1.4 --> unable to compile JSPs

Posted by Attila Szegedi <sz...@freemail.hu>.

Posted by Jarecsni János <ja...@chello.hu>.
Hi,

I had something similar (Win2K, Cygwin :). I had to do some minor
modifications in the startup srcipt to amend the situation:

1) as it seems JAVA_HOME is read by the executing JVM to resolve the place
of the bootstrap classes
set JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.4.0

2) calling explicitly the appropriate java.exe
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java blahblah...

hope this helps

Janos

|I've quadruple checked - I deleted all JDKs and JVMs on my machine
|except for the one I just installed.  The problem remains, unmodified.
|
|Is it possible that some of my jar files need updating?
|
|Thanks,
|Scott

|--

Posted by Scott Shorter <sh...@caradas.com>.