Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2022/05/01 15:18:19 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Hi,

Here is a vote on the release of Apache Jena 4.5.0.
This is the first release candidate.

The deadline is

     Wednesday, 4th May 2022 at 18:00 UTC

Please vote to approve this release:

         [ ] +1 Approve the release
         [ ]  0 Don't care
         [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

==== Items in this release

* New, faster, streaming, more robust JSON result set reader.

* Switch to JSON-LD 1.1 as the JSON-LD default.

To get valid javadoc, the build was done with Java17 cross-compiling to
<release>11</release>. A dry-run with java11 was done to check that no
Java17 library calls had crept in.

==== Release Vote

Everyone, not just committers, is invited to test and vote.
Please download and test the proposed release.

Staging repository:
   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1052

Proposed dist/ area:
   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/

Keys:
   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/dist/KEYS

Git commit (browser URL):91c399148f
   https://github.com/apache/jena/commit/91c399148f

Git Commit Hash:
   91c399148f4f94c19517a88eb8c85db83fdb1342

Git Commit Tag:
   jena-4.5.0

This vote will be open until at least

     Wednesday, 4th May 2022 at 18:00 UTC

If you expect to check the release but the time limit does not work
for you, please email within the schedule above.

     Thanks,

      Andy

Checking:

+ are the GPG signatures fine?
+ are the checksums correct?
+ is there a source archive?
+ can the source archive be built?
           (NB This requires a "mvn install" first time)
+ is there a correct LICENSE and NOTICE file in each artifact
           (both source and binary artifacts)?
+ does the NOTICE file contain all necessary attributions?
+ have any licenses of dependencies changed due to upgrades?
            if so have LICENSE and NOTICE been upgraded appropriately?
+ does the tag/commit in the SCM contain reproducible sources?

Re: [] [] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
All done now.

     Andy

Re: [] [] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Re: [] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Andrew - thank you - the more testing in different setups the better.

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 01/05/2022 16:18, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a vote on the release of Apache Jena 4.5.0.
> This is the first release candidate.
>
> The deadline is
>
>      Wednesday, 4th May 2022 at 18:00 UTC
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
>
>          [ ] +1 Approve the release
>          [ ]  0 Don't care
>          [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...

+1 (binding)

     Andy

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Aaron Coburn <ac...@apache.org>.
   [x] +1 Approve the release (binding)

Verified signatures
Verified checksums
Built jena from source archive using Java 11 and Maven 3.8.1
All artifacts contain LICENSE and NOTICE files

Thanks, Aaron

Re: [VOTE] Apache Jena 4.5.0 RC1

Posted by Bruno Kinoshita <br...@gmail.com>.
          [x] +1 Approve the release