Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Vikram Goyal <te...@craftbits.com> on 2004/08/14 14:21:05 UTC

[Modeler] Is Registry an MBean?

Hello,

The documentation for Modeler says that Registry itself is an MBean. However, it does not come up in the list of MBeans for the default domain and more importantly, I could not find it being registered with the MBeanServer anywhere in the source code. If the documentation incorrect in this regard?

Thanks,
Vikram

Re: [Modeler] Is Registry an MBean?

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
It is an MBean (in the sense that
mserver.createMBean("org.apache.modeler.Registry", oname) works), just  not
a very useful one.  There are too many bugs to try and use a Registry
created this way.  It's one of the things that make the current version of
c-m difficult to use in an embedded environment.

<random-thoughts>
It might be better to deprecate Registry.getRegistry and move the factory
methods into a separate RegistryFactory MBean.  It might even be good to add
a method taking an OName so that the Registry can be registered itself, or
that the Factory can return the Registry by name.
</random-thoughts>