Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Christopher Oliver <re...@verizon.net> on 2003/08/17 21:22:31 UTC

Authors on docs

Can we please remove the author attribution in the docs on the web site?

1) These seem to be often inaccurate
2) IMO as with code and ideas, the community should receive credit for
the documentation, not specific authors.

My $0.02,

Chris

Re: Authors on docs

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
I also wouldn't enforce the switch to "Cocoon Developers". If one thinks
the number of authors is too high or the authors are incorrect, so he
shall replace the authors with "Cocoon Developers". No one will be
offended hopefully.

Joerg

RE: Authors on docs

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

> Wasn't this discussed a couple of months ago? Wasn't there a
> decision to put
> a few names in the file but after, say, 4 names to switch to "The Cocoon
> Team" or something like that?

Yepp, exactly. As soon as there are 4 or more names the switch should
happen.

Carsten

RE: Authors on docs

Posted by Jeff Ramsdale <je...@earthlink.net>.

Re: Authors on docs

Posted by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com>.
Hy,

Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Can we please remove the author attribution in the docs on the web site?

Do you adress the Wiki pages, or the cocoon-docs ?
For the Wiki-pages, this property could indeed be
deleted from the pages, since the author(s) is(are)
kept in the history of a page.

> 1) These seem to be often inaccurate
> 2) IMO as with code and ideas, the community should receive credit for
> the documentation, not specific authors.

Hmm... I think, it is really better to know, who does the work. Although
the work as a whole indeed is a comunity work. I don't like the idea of
anonymity. Besides this i think, people are proud working on this
project and i think, they have all rights on earth to be personally
named...
But everyone has also the right to keep in the anonymity.
For me the decision is up to the author.

regards, Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH