Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2002/12/03 07:36:42 UTC

[Off Topic] Opinions requested for Wrox Book Chapter

Hello all,

I've been tasked with writing a chapter on Security and a chapter on
Struts in an upcoming book from Wrox, Professional JSP 2.0.  In the
Security chapter, I hope to tackle tough problems and provide good
solutions for things encountered while securing a web-based application.
In the Struts chapter, I want to highlight some of the advanced features
of Struts and provide meaningful examples of their implementation.  I
don't feel it's necessary to explain what Struts is, since a lot of good
books have been published on this topic recently. However, I am hoping
to build a good "kickstart" application for Struts using XDoclet and
Ant, among other tools.

I've produced some initial outlines for each chapter and placed them on
my website for your review.

http://raibledesigns.com/page/rd/20021202#day_1_of_writing

If you have the time and energy, please take a look at these and either
1) comment on my site, or 2) reply to this e-mail.  Your opinions and
time is valued and appreciated.

If you're looking to get started with Struts/XDoclet/Ant right away,
check out the following links, and help me rename it from struts-xdoclet
to a something better:

http://www.raibledesigns.com/page/rd/20021202#erik_s_struts_xdoclet_exam
ple (Erik Hatcher's Struts/XDoclet Example)
http://www.raibledesigns.com/page/rd/20021127#struts_xdoclet_0_2 (My
Struts-XDoclet Base App)
http://www.raibledesigns.com/page/rd/20021130#help_me_rename_struts_xdoc
let (Renaming suggestions)