Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Siddharth Tiwari <si...@live.com> on 2013/03/19 02:25:24 UTC

Important information required about Hive metastore connections

Hi team,
What we have observed is, hive creates so many connections to metastore (mysql). This makes us change the numer of connections to mysql.
Can anyone explain me how does hive manages its connections to metastore database.
is it one for every Job submitted by every user ? if not then how and when hive makes connections to metastore.
2. Is it possible to limit the number of maximum connections hive could make to mysql metastore ? Or is it possible to limit number of maximum jobs than can be submitted to hive at anytime ?
Please help
Thanks in advance.

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

Re: Important information required about Hive metastore connections

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
You need
in your hive-site.xml. Even with that, hive will open 2 connections to
metastore.

Thanks,

Aniket

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Important information required about Hive metastore connections

Posted by Navis류승우 <na...@nexr.com>.