Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/21 20:09:18 UTC

How to get antrun to use correct Ant version?

The antrun plugin seems to be executing Ant 1.6.5, not Ant 1.7
(according to the debug logs).

I'm running it within Eclipse 3.3. Eclipse has 1.7 installed, so Maven
must be getting 1.6.5 elsewhere.

How can I get it to use the more recent version?

Re: How to get antrun to use correct Ant version?

Posted by Chris <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Chris wrote:
> The antrun plugin seems to be executing Ant 1.6.5, not Ant 1.7
> (according to the debug logs).
>
> I'm running it within Eclipse 3.3. Eclipse has 1.7 installed, so Maven
> must be getting 1.6.5 elsewhere.
>
> How can I get it to use the more recent version?

Figured it out. The antrun plugin uses whatever version of Ant there is
in the local repository. To upgrade it, just put the dependency in the
project's pom:

<!-- 1.7.1 is required for the ant script to work-->
<dependency>
	<groupId>org.apache.ant</groupId>
	<artifactId>ant</artifactId>
	<version>1.7.1</version>