Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Duncan Alexander <Du...@vcint.com> on 2000/09/01 11:34:01 UTC

Xalan caching...

I know this question has been asked before but I failed to find a
'definitive' answer.

Does Xalan cache compiled XSLT pages and if it does not....does it store the
uncompiled XSLT page in memory?

The reason I ask is that when using memory profiling tools I can see a
significant number of new DOM related objects being
held in memory when making Cocoon requests (with cocoon cache switched off).
When forcing refreshes
of the relevant pages those objects do not get recreated. The only thing I
can assume is that Xalan is
performing some kind of caching.

regards

Duncan Alexander