Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Jim Alateras <ji...@intalio.com> on 2002/02/20 10:06:59 UTC

JBoss + Phoenix

Is it possible to run the JBoss and Phoenix containers in the same VM?

cheers
</jima>

Re: JBoss + Phoenix

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Jim

>[jima] Do you recall what the licensing issues where?

At the time JBoss was GPL  Such code cannot import org.apache.anything
because Apache license is unapproved by the FSF.  There was a brief
suggestion that Apache relicense a few select components (Tomcat etc) to
be dual GPL and Apache, but in the end JBoss changed to LGPL which is
compatible.  By then the interest in a common future had died, and now
we see wholescale replacations and overlaps (all license issue clean).

- Paul

RE: JBoss + Phoenix

Posted by Jim Alateras <ji...@intalio.com>.
Paul,

thanks for the response.

I has never been tried.  There was some taling 15 months ago of moving
JBoss to be Phoenix capable, but no agreement on a number of issues
(including then license) was ever reached.

Re: JBoss + Phoenix

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Jim,

I has never been tried.  There was some taling 15 months ago of moving
JBoss to be Phoenix capable, but no agreement on a number of issues
(including then license) was ever reached.

If you manage it , it will be with custom versions that launches two
things via main(..)

- Paul

Re: JBoss + Phoenix

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:06, Jim Alateras wrote:
> Is it possible to run the JBoss and Phoenix containers in the same VM?

It should be possible. There may need to be a little customization of the
DefaultSystemManager in phoenix so that both the JBoss and and Phoenix parts
use the MBeanServer but other than that I see no problems with doing that.

--
Cheers,

Pete