Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org> on 2009/03/03 01:37:35 UTC

FilterListener again

Hi,

unfortunately i got no response on my last thread:

http://n2.nabble.com/docs-concerning-FilterListener-and-other-extension-points-td2386615.html#a2387075

Is there nobody who can help me out with FilterListener aka custom
Functions in JPQL ? There is definitely no docs on them and no
discussions at all....

I have a query which looks like this:

         Query query = em.createQuery("select d from DP_PLZ_DA d where
" +
         "(d.plz = ?1 and lower(d.oname24) = ?2) or (d.plz = ?1 and
d.oname24.ext:soundex(?3))")

the soundex() function is my custom FilterListener but no matter how i
try to call this custom function, the JPQL Parser just jumps into my
head and complaining about the JPQL syntax.

Is there anyone on this planet who knows how to trigger custom
functions like these?

A little bit scaring is that there is almost no community support on
OpenJPA. Is IBM the only using it? :-)

Marc

Re: FilterListener again

Posted by Marc Logemann <li...@logemann.org>.
I just got my own message again in the list which i sent some days
ago.... if other also got this, please ignore, this one is already
disussed ....

Marc

Re: FilterListener again

Posted by Marc Logemann <ml...@logemann.org>.
Hi,

Re: FilterListener again

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
> However it might make for an interesting feature.
Yes. These are the sort of features that helps distinction of one vendor
from the other. Kodo has it, but these features were not available when
OpenJPA was seeded from Kodo codebase.
FilterListeners for ORDER BY clauses are still active, and certain
Compatibility switches are available to control strictness of JPQL parsing.

Re: FilterListener again

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
I'd have to agree with Pinaki. However it might make for an interesting
feature. I'd guess that much of the infrastructure to support this function
is available in OpenJPA. So it'd make for a good JIRA feature. I can't
promise it'll be in the next release, but it's definitely worth considering.

-mike

Re: FilterListener again

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org>.
Hi,