Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/25 07:11:32 UTC

Using Beanshell sampler for wait

Hi All,

Can I use beanshell sampler for wait using Thread.sleep(); ?

Is there are any -ve impact if we run load test using it?

I dont want to use Timer.

Regards,
Ravindra

Re: Using Beanshell sampler for wait

Posted by Jakub BiaƂek <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you want to sleep the current thread you can use Java Request and
SleepTest class and configure SleepTime.

Best regards,
Ragnor

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 March 2011 12:35, Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> Apart from generating a sample for each wait, is there are any other issue.
> I have read in one of the thread that Beanshell sampler is associated with
> memory leak. Is that bug is resolved?
>
> The reason for not choosing timer - I am using Transaction controller. even
> if I put timer above the Transaction controller, the time gets added to
> Transaction controller output.

The sampler delay will also be added to the Transaction controller.

Have you tried deselecting "Include timer duration in generated sample"?

> I have no issue if a sampler gets added to log file. It can segregated while
> producing results.
>
> Do you think my approach is correct?

See above, and the JMeter docs.

Posted by Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 25 March 2011 06:11, Ravindra Gupta <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can I use beanshell sampler for wait using Thread.sleep(); ?
>
> Is there are any -ve impact if we run load test using it?

Yes, it will generate a Sample for each wait.

> I dont want to use Timer.

Why not?