Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rob Cross <ro...@pro-serv.org.uk> on 2005/10/09 00:48:52 UTC

[users@httpd] £ symbol on apache

Hello every one, I have looked high and low for the answer to this question, and still no luck.

I am running a dual 2.66 Xeon server, with fedora core 4 on and the auto loaded version of apache, which i have just updated when updates have come out.

I was setting up a website on this server and came-a-cropper when i added the '£' symbol.

An example of this is at www.pro-servers.co.uk/pc.htm

All the text is produced nicely. I have never had this working since the start of the server.

Any help in removing this little glitch would be well highly appreciated.

I have had someone say it is some kind of file encoding issue.

Any ideas, please get back to me at rob@pro-serv.org.uk

Thanks for your time.

Rob

[users@httpd] Re: £ symbol on apache

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
> I was setting up a website on this server and came-a-cropper when i added
> the '£' symbol.

Apart from the Charset directive: Are you using &pound; or the character
itself? I always try to avoid using special characters directly, and use
the &; method.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] £ symbol on apache

Posted by Rob Cross <ro...@pro-serv.org.uk>.