Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Stephen <st...@webreserve.com> on 2000/08/10 22:58:56 UTC

Enterprise beans with tomcat

I started looking at the enterprise sdk for non-web apps and noticed that it
has a web server built right into it. I wonder if anyone could please tell
me simply what the deal is with using servlets in the enterprise sdk as
opposed to using tomcat. I have been using tomcat and am very happy with it
but I want an all-in-one solution for deployment of applications web or not.
Is the jsdeek an alternative to tomcat or am I missing something?

Any input would be appreciated,
Stephen.

Re: Enterprise beans with tomcat

Posted by Nebojsa Vasiljevic <bo...@bits.net>.
At 16:58 10.8.00 -0400, you wrote:
>I started looking at the enterprise sdk for non-web apps and noticed that it
>has a web server built right into it. I wonder if anyone could please tell
>me simply what the deal is with using servlets in the enterprise sdk as
>opposed to using tomcat. I have been using tomcat and am very happy with it
>but I want an all-in-one solution for deployment of applications web or not.
>Is the jsdeek an alternative to tomcat or am I missing something?

Tomcat is part of j2sdkee. If you download and inslall Tomcat from
apache.org and
j2sdkee from java.sun.com, then you will get two installation of Tomcat on
your machine.

Nebojsa

Re: Enterprise beans with tomcat

Posted by Nebojsa Vasiljevic <bo...@bits.net>.
At 16:58 10.8.00 -0400, you wrote:

>Is the jsdeek an alternative to tomcat or am I missing something?

Tomcat is part of j2sdkee.

Nebojsa