Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by David Johns <Da...@ColumbiaUltimate.com> on 2011/12/21 19:20:22 UTC

Problem printing Landsacpe Report generated in Birt with PDFBox

Problem:

I am trying to print a landscape report with a PDF file stream created
in Birt 3.7.  The report is printed in portrait mode cutting off the
right side of the report.

Additional Information:

*         We recently upgraded to Birt 3.7 from Birt 2.2.2 and went from
PDFBox 0.7.3 to PDFBox 1.6.  The landscape reports worked before,
however, now they attempt to print in portrait mode cutting off the
right half of the report.

*         I have two strange behaviors,

*         1. Is the print out cutting off the right half of the report

*         2. Is if I choose PDFCreator as my printer, the document size
the end is 11.11 by 8.33 instead of 11 x 8.5.

*         I know that Birt is sending a paper size of 11 x 8.5 and I
assume that is what is needed for PDFBox to print landscape correctly.

*         I did test having Birt 2.2.2 generate a landscape report and
print it with the new PDFBox (1.6.0).  This also had the problem of the
report printing in portrait mode, so I assume that the problem is with
PDFBox.  Also, when using the Birt 3.7 and PDFBox 0.7.3 the report
printed in Landscape mode, but all of the formatting (i.e. lines on the
report) was missing.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue so that the report will
correctly print in Landscape.  Any help or a direction to research would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Johns
Software Engineer
Columbia Ultimate

David.johns@columbiaultimate.com

Re: Problem printing Landsacpe Report generated in Birt with PDFBox

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

Am 21.12.2011 19:20, schrieb David Johns:
> Problem:
>
> I am trying to print a landscape report with a PDF file stream created
> in Birt 3.7.  The report is printed in portrait mode cutting off the
> right side of the report.
>

> Additional Information:
>
> *         We recently upgraded to Birt 3.7 from Birt 2.2.2 and went from
> PDFBox 0.7.3 to PDFBox 1.6.  The landscape reports worked before,
> however, now they attempt to print in portrait mode cutting off the
> right half of the report.
>
> *         I have two strange behaviors,
>
> *         1. Is the print out cutting off the right half of the report
>
> *         2. Is if I choose PDFCreator as my printer, the document size
> the end is 11.11 by 8.33 instead of 11 x 8.5.
>
> *         I know that Birt is sending a paper size of 11 x 8.5 and I
> assume that is what is needed for PDFBox to print landscape correctly.
>
> *         I did test having Birt 2.2.2 generate a landscape report and
> print it with the new PDFBox (1.6.0).  This also had the problem of the
> report printing in portrait mode, so I assume that the problem is with
> PDFBox.  Also, when using the Birt 3.7 and PDFBox 0.7.3 the report
> printed in Landscape mode, but all of the formatting (i.e. lines on the
> report) was missing.
>

> Does anyone know how to solve this issue so that the report will
> correctly print in Landscape.  Any help or a direction to research would
> be greatly appreciated.
Without having more details it'll be difficult. Please create an issue on JIRA
[1] and attach a sample pdf.

> Thanks,
>

> David Johns
> Software Engineer