Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com> on 2011/02/21 17:09:37 UTC

Javascript Deltacloud API client

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity(hope!), is anyone interested in creating
a Deltacloud API client in javascript?

Just thinking that since we see pretty much everything that's an
app seems to be moving "into the browser"... this might give the
easiest way for (front end) web developers to directly query/engage
the Deltacloud API.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: Javascript Deltacloud API client

Posted by Justin Clift <jc...@redhat.com>.
On 22/02/2011, at 3:26 AM, Felipe Cardoso Martins wrote:
> What do you think a library in JS, and some client like Hybridfox [1]?
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/hybridfox/

My personal opinion is that it would be cool.  As new releases of
Deltacloud come along, adding more and more Cloud providers, the front
end client would then be able to use them automatically.

So, with a nicely usable front end (ie good UX design) this should be a
great combination. :)

Posted by Felipe Cardoso Martins <fe...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 22/02/11 03:09 +1100, Justin Clift wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just out of curiosity(hope!), is anyone interested in creating
>> a Deltacloud API client in javascript?
>>
>> Just thinking that since we see pretty much everything that's an
>> app seems to be moving "into the browser"... this might give the
>> easiest way for (front end) web developers to directly query/engage
>> the Deltacloud API.
>
> Sure, this definitely makes sense to me. But I would rather prefer to write
> some client in Node.js, which is current buzzword :-)
>
> https://github.com/danwrong/restler
>
>  -- Michal
>

>> Regards and best wishes,
>>
>> Justin Clift

> Michal Fojtik, mfojtik@redhat.com
> Deltacloud API: http://deltacloud.org

Abraço,

Felipe Cardoso Martins
felipe.cardoso.martins@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/felipecardosomartins

“O segredo do prazer no trabalho pode ser resumido em uma palavra: excelência.
Saber como fazer bem algo é ter prazer nisso. ”
Pearl Buck

Re: Javascript Deltacloud API client

Posted by Michal Fojtik <mf...@redhat.com>.