Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nanheng Wu <na...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/15 08:00:41 UTC

Enable Bloomfilter on HFile

Hi,

I am bulk loading data into HBase using a MR job with HFileOutput
format, the data is read-only once it's loaded. Is it possible to
still enable Bloomfilter? I am guessing no, since it needs to be
written as part of the HFile and at least for Hbase-0.20.6 I don't see
such option. Is my assumption correct here? Thanks!

Best,
Alex

Re: Enable Bloomfilter on HFile

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

This was added in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1200
affecting 0.90 and later only.

But this is an interesting question, the bulk import using HFOF can
handle compression, but not bloom filters. If you have bloom fliters
enables then compactions will add them, but it may make sense to have
them from the start. Mind filing an issue to that effect?

Lars