Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net> on 2001/10/05 05:40:20 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 Makefile.in

>   Make sure we run the new conf files through sed.
>   Now, the question is whether it might make more sense to have them
>   as ssl-std.conf, ldap-std.conf, and proxy-std.conf.
>
>   (I'm also not sure if this is even shell portable or not.)
>
>   I'll leave that up to OtherBill since he added these files.

As the input source?  Sure.  I'll rename in just a bit if you want
to twiddle the script.

Bill

> On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:40:20PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > >   Make sure we run the new conf files through sed.
> > >   Now, the question is whether it might make more sense to have them
> > >   as ssl-std.conf, ldap-std.conf, and proxy-std.conf.
> > >
> > >   (I'm also not sure if this is even shell portable or not.)
> > >
> > >   I'll leave that up to OtherBill since he added these files.
> >
> > As the input source?  Sure.  I'll rename in just a bit if you want
> > to twiddle the script.
>
> Actually, it'd copy it as ssl-std.conf.  I dunno if that is what
> we want or not.  Do we want them to have an original like
> httpd-std.conf?

On Win32 we cache the httpd.default.conf version (already substituted)
so the admin can go back to a known good point.  I won't waste the
effort copying a virgin file, just rewrite it to default.conf and then
dup it to .conf.

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 Makefile.in

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com>.
On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 10:40:20PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> >   Make sure we run the new conf files through sed.
> >   Now, the question is whether it might make more sense to have them
> >   as ssl-std.conf, ldap-std.conf, and proxy-std.conf.
> >
> >   (I'm also not sure if this is even shell portable or not.)
> >
> >   I'll leave that up to OtherBill since he added these files.
>
> As the input source?  Sure.  I'll rename in just a bit if you want
> to twiddle the script.

Actually, it'd copy it as ssl-std.conf.  I dunno if that is what
we want or not.  Do we want them to have an original like
httpd-std.conf?

No biggie.  -- justin