Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jean-Christophe Drouet <jc...@pennylan.com> on 2001/10/29 14:13:56 UTC

Sample site

Hi everybody,

We were looking, a couple of months ago, for sample sites based on
jetspeed. The list was pretty short, be we bet on Jetspeed and
developped

www.zurban.com, a French city guide.

We would like to thank all the people who contribute to the
developpement
of this great piece of software, and tell the others to give it a try.

Sincerly,

JC.Drouet

Re: Sample site

Posted by Frans Thamura <ft...@yahoo.com>.
Dear Jean

Do you use a database connection in your portlet???

Frans

Posted by Jean-Christophe Drouet <jc...@pennylan.com>.
Hi Chris,

Some more informations about www.zurban.com.

It's based on a pre 1.3a1. We are running a 2 tiers
plateform, with MySQL as backend, everything on
solaris 2.6 / JDK1.3/apache/tomcat/JSP templates.

All of our portlets are really closed to those of the main distribution.
Most of the dynamic text is rendered through XSL. The static portlets
uses ECS.

What is really nice with the portlet framework, it's that we can develop
each portlet independently form  the other, and don't have to bother with
the final integration. I know that this sounds pretty dummy, but this is incredibly
important for a developpement team.

Until now we do not use any feed system, but future will tell !

Jean-Christophe

Chris Kimpton a �crit :

Re: Sample site

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.